NaPali

NaPali
Napali Coast

Saturday, March 9, 2019


Sacramento

Stopped in Sacramento on my way to Hawaii to visit friends. Got to see everyone thanks to Pat and Shirl inviting friends over. I don’t have a picture, but a couple of folks did take some. Dammit. It was great seeing everyone. Met Aaron for lunch at a very cool spot for ceviche and guac and chips (which was my lunch most days in Meh He Co). Went to Dee’s house for home made enchiladas. She makes the sauce from scratch. Her daughter said she rarely does that. I feel very special……… was a wonderful time and thanks to Pat and Shirl for making me feel at home.

Oahu—Honolulu

Have had a nice time in Honolulu but time to move on. I probably would skip Oahu if there is a next trip to Hawaii. Mostly for those looking for a party scene and shopping. I spent many hours at the Chanel, Gucci, Mui Mui, Saint Laurent, Saks stores buying lots of stuff. Egads…. NOT……….. Very commercial here. Can’t wait to escape to Maui, then Hawaii, then Kauai. Each island will get less and less touristy. YAAAAAY

Wednesday

Arrived before check-in time so hung out at Waikiki beach while waiting for a room. No swimming suit as left my suitcase at the hostel…… enjoyed walking in the water and sand. And YES I shave my legs folks, when there is sand on your legs apparently it looks like hairy French legs. No more legs in the pics!

Thursday

Hiked Diamond Head and enjoyed the workout and the view once at the top. Then hit Waikiki for some relaxing in the sand and enjoying the water. As I was floating I heard a lady say to her kids who were snorkeling, Look there is a stingray….. holy shit. You might remember me getting stabbed by a stingray in Nicaragua. It is the most excruciating pain ever. I jumped out of the water soooo quick. People were looking at me like WTF it’s not a shark. Wait till you know what I know……. Haha

Got some shots of the pretty sunset over Waikiki......

Friday

Morning hike up to Monoa Waterfalls. Apparently, they taped some of Jurassic Park there. It was pretty cool and a pretty easy hike. No swimming in the pool though—as it was off limits. Then headed to the beach again to walk and soak a while. While I was relaxing in the sand a guy yelled to his wife to throw him his GoPro……. There was a stingray he wanted to film. His daughter was running to get the GoPro after mom tossed it in the water and I’m thinking, please don’t be a friend hanging around…….. The guy taped for a while…… Note to self: be very careful from now on. ALWAYS shuffle in the sand……. Yikes.

Friday night there are fireworks over the ocean….. was awesome to see Just a few minutes, but fun on a Friday.

Saturday

Went on a turtle tour today. Just outside of Waikiki beach. It was very cool. Saw lots of turtles and LOVED it. One really big guy came up to the top right before I headed back to the boat……. Good size turtle, probably 3’ in length and 2-3’ wide. SO COOL. I will post that on Dropbox and make sure you are all shared so you don’t have to ask for permission. Most of the videos there are 2-3 turtles in the frames. Not as big as the turtles I saw in Fiji, but impressive…….. awesome tour.

Packing now and getting ready to fly out in the am. YOOOO HOOO Maui here I come!!

1 comment: